Search This Blog

21 July 2009

What's A Little World Domination Among Friends?

I've been watching the developing story of C Street and the good old boys who like to hang out there. Besides the blatant hypocrisy of the family values preaching members of the group that meet, live, or study the Bible at C Street, one thing in particular just keeps sending up red flags - they call themselves "The Family." Maybe it's the fact that I grew up in the 1960s and 1970s, but when I hear of a religious group that calls themselves "The Family" I start thinking about cults. I'm not suggesting that the members of "The Family" or that the residents of C Street belong to a cult, but you have to admit, the name sounds rather cult-like. Then I find out that the organization that owns the "Church" building on C Street is Youth With A Mission. I have to wonder just what sort of strange stuff is going on in that house. With the revelation that YWAM owns the house, and knowing its fascist loving founder's story, suddenly a few sex scandals and a bit of hypocrisy are the least of my concerns about what is really going on in my government. The founders of Youth With A Mission have a plan to take over the world. Seriously. They do. Beware the "Vast Army of God."

1 comment:

  1. "Good old boys" indeed. Amidst all the back-and-forth about C Street, I'd overlooked the simple fact that--not surprisingly--this is a conservative movement of a group of powerful white men...being encouraged by an organization to wield their power as a special group with God-given authority. There is little difference in such a mentality between that and the justifications behind the medieval theological construct of the Divine Right of Kings.

    It's so contrary to the spirit and the literal words of Matthew 25's parable of the Sheep and the Goats, or of the Beatitudes.

    ReplyDelete

Amazon

Like to Write?

ShareThis