Search This Blog

25 January 2010

C'mon Mr. Bauer! What do you really think of the poor in America?


As reported by the Twin Cities Dot Com Lieutenant Governor of South Carolina Andre Bauer compares poor people to stray animals. 
"My grandmother was not a highly educated woman, but she told me as a small child to quit feeding stray animals. You know why? Because they breed," Bauer said during a speech advocating that the government take away assistance to those who do not pass drug tests.

"You're facilitating the problem if you give an animal or a person ample food supply," Bauer added, according to a report in the Greenville News. "They will reproduce, especially ones that don't think too much further than that. And so what you've got to do is you've got to curtail that type of behavior. They don't know any better." 
I wonder if he also advocates spaying and neutering the poor?  What's worse is that he has his supporters as evidenced by the comments following this, and other, articles.  Is this what the Right Wing in America really thinks about their fellow Americans who are poor?  Less than human? Animals that should not be fed and not allowed to "breed"?  I really hope for his sake that our economy does not completely collapse, and he ends up standing in a soup line for his crust of bread and bowl of gruel.  I have a feeling he would not be well received. 

You are a bad man Mr. Bauer.  A very bad man indeed.








Bookmark and Share



1 comment:

  1. The life-threatening story! I live far from America and thus just can't visualize Mr. Bauer' speech in real life. It would look like the darkest nightmare (only ill fantasy) in my country. After reading your article I became the speechless and very confused. People in my country live much poorer than American poor, many dream about work in America, yet SUCH stories are above my potency to grasp. I do not know what to say. Only one comforts, as much as I understood, personally you didn't share Mr. Bauer' mindset. God bless you!
    Peace and love from http://candleday.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Amazon

Like to Write?

ShareThis