Search This Blog

28 January 2014

Fearless



When you find the strength to leave your abuser, you take away his power over you. When you face your fear, you take away its power over you. When I say I am fearless, it does not mean I am not afraid. I am fearless because I faced my fears. I overcame my fears.

You will not intimidate me
Your threats have no power
Hateful words dissipate
Like smoke and nightmares
Many times I thought
My life would be taken
I am now fearless
Because I have known fear
I found the strength
To leave you behind
Your only strength 
Is in your hands
Around my throat
I am now fearless
I see you in truth
A weak insecure man
You are powerless
Now that I am gone

© 2014 H Maria Perry
All Rights Reserved





No comments:

Post a Comment

Amazon

Like to Write?

ShareThis