Search This Blog

28 March 2015

Today I Signed Indiana's Death Certificate

If this trend of "religious freedom" laws continues, and if Indiana is an indication of the future, it is also only a matter of time until we start seeing "Christians Only" signs at businesses. I haven't quite figured out how they will be able to test customers yet, maybe quiz you on the Ten Commandments or have you sign a declaration of some sort. Funny thing though, every atheist I know is more knowledgeable about the bible than most devout believers. That's why we are atheist. But I digress . . . . Crosses. Only people who wear a cross can come in the store. People with "Jesus Is My Co-Pilot" bumper stickers get a 10 percent discount.

Governor Mike Pence's "official" Facebook post about signing Indiana's bigot law into effect can be found here:




His first sentence would more accurately be stated, "Today I signed Indiana's economic death certificate and sealed my state's fate as a bigoted hell hole where no one will want to come. You're welcome."


Good luck, Governor. And good luck to the people of Indiana. You're going to need it. 







Amazon

Like to Write?

ShareThis

Google+ Badge