Search This Blog

07 September 2008

Summer Fades

There is a time between summer and fall when the color of everything fades. The grass is dry and pale, even the sky seems to be nearly white on a clear day. Soon Autumn will burst onto the scene with crisp clear air, deep azure skies, and brilliantly colored leaves. Pumpkins and hay bales and the smell of winter will be in the air soon. This time of year is a transition from hot days and sprinklers to sweaters and frosty breath in the air. FLowers and memories seem to fade together, slowly but always leaving a remnant as a reminder.

1 comment:

  1. So true ... I love this time of year, even though I also find that I feel more melancholy as fall begins than I do at any other time of the year. There is something so bittersweet about the lovely burst of autumn color just before the chill of winter takes over.

    I love your site!

    ReplyDelete

Amazon

Like to Write?

ShareThis