Search This Blog

17 August 2009

I'm Sorry Professor Hawking

I feel like I owe a personal apology to Professor Stephen Hawking and all the people of the United Kingdom. Recently, an editorial in Investors Business Daily made the following statement in opposition to proposed legislation to reform America’s capitalist health care system:

“People such as scientist Stephen Hawking wouldn’t have a chance in the U.K., where the National Health Service would say the life of this brilliant man, because of his physical handicaps, is essentially worthless.” The Mail Online and Republicans for Obama

Professor Hawking, please accept my deepest and most sincere apologies for my idiot countrymen. I assure you Sir, as soon as we put the business of healthcare reform behind us, I will ask that the Progressive Democrats of America begin the push for education reform. Clearly, our current school system falls far short of even the most minimal skill levels.

To the Right Wing in America, in case your missed what is wrong with the above quote from IBD Stephen Hawking is a British Citizen, and has lived and worked in the United Kingdom his entire life. He credits his survival to the United Kingdom’s National Health Service.


Only in America

Violence at Town Hall Meetings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Amazon

Like to Write?

ShareThis